Yvonne Fewtrell Accredited CBT Therapist Mobile: 07854 681724 E-mail: [email protected]
Yvonne Fewtrell - Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist BSc (Hons) MBPsS MSc CBP / Accredited practitioner in EMDR
Yvonne Fewtrell BSc (Hons) MBPsS MSc CBP - Accredited in CBT and EMDR
Mobile: 07854 681 724 - Email: [email protected]
1. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is a psychological, evidence based treatment. In CBT the therapist is focussing on a person's thoughts, feelings and actions.
2. CBT can help people recognise and alter their thinking and unhelpful behaviour, which can enable them to improve how they feel and function.
3. CBT offers practical skills and the aim is that people will learn in therapy how to best help themselves.
4. CBT is time limited and goal orientated. It is encouraged that people would work on tasks inbetween therapy sessions in order to overcome their problems.
5. CBT is a therapy that is collaborative which means that client and therapist are working together and agree which problems need to be solved and how to best go about it.
6. CBT is recommended by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) for the treatment of many emotional problems. Amongst the problems that can be addressed using CBT are depression, anxiety problems [obsessional-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic, agoraphobia and other phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and generalised anxiety disorder], anger, stress and low self esteem.